Middle East Cruises
Wander along the Spice Trail, explore the Holy Land, and immerse yourself in the vivid sights and sounds.
The Middle East is a stunning tapestry offering endless and life-changing experiences. This area is renowned for its exotic culture, illuminated history, grand architecture and modern technology. From the hustle and bustle of largely populated cities to the peace and tranquility of local villages, delicious food and intriguing cultures. Dubai is the treasured gem of the Middle East boasting an affluence and lavishness. The city woos cruisers from all corners of the globe with a penchant for culture and luxury.
Warm cultures and friendly locals that are iconic for the Middle East make cruise tourists feel welcome in a world away from home. Having endured its fair share of wars, it is right to acknowledge that nowhere else on Earth has such a colourful past as the Middle East, making it a fascinating destination for travellers who have an avid interest in the world, past and present. The treasures of the arid Arabian desert is yet another aspect that must be discovered in this diverse and exciting cruise destination. A Middle Eastern cruise is guaranteed to take you to the greatest hot spots belonging to this area and introduce you to cultures and ways of life that will encourage you to return again and again.
There are plenty of activities on the Celebrity Constellation to keep you entertained during days at sea. Enjoy a wine and beer tasting sessions with knowledgeable bartenders at the 'Martini Bar' or 'Cellarmasters'.
- Dubai - Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Mediterranean Sea,Africa,Middle East
Enjoy delicious North African dishes at Azamara Quest's exquisite onboard restaurants - the 'Aqualina' and 'Prime C'.
- Dubai - Dubai
- Middle East
Seabourn Encore offers a unique twist to your cruise. Go shopping with the Chef. Explore the Spice Souks of Muscat and try fresh olives in Agois Nikalaos. Discover more about the cultures you encounter.
- Dubai - Athens (Piraeus)
- Mediterranean Sea,Africa,Middle East
- May 2019 - May 2020
The emirate of Dubai is home to around 1.8 million inhabitants. The majority of the population lives in the city. Dubai is known for its modern and futuristic projects. From skyscrapers on manmade islands, to amusement parks, there is hardly anything that does not exist in this city. Dubai offers endless beautiful beaches, excellent water sports, desert safaris and an almost immeasurable range of shopping facilities.Highlights of Dubai
- Wander the narrow lanes of the Al Fahidi historic district
- Get your heart pumping at the IMG Worlds of Adventure - world's biggest indoor theme park
- Enjoy traditional and modern Emirati cuisine at Aseelah
The capital of Oman, Muscat is located in the northeast of the country on the Gulf of Oman. Muscat has many beautiful beaches, parks, and a moat, which is located next to the Great Mosque of Sultan Quabus. For a better idea of the local culture and food, go and experience the bustle of the traditional oriental markets. Muscat is a very elegant and uniform city with most of the buildings reflecting tradition - that is a requirement even for the functional new buildings.Highlights of Muscat
- Take a scenic boat trip from the Marina Bandar Al Rowdha and enjoy a delicious lunch at the Blue Marlin afterwards
- Make a photo next to the Sultan's Palace gates. Although closed to the public, it is a beautiful sight
- Wander along the Mutrah at sunset to enjoy the spectacular views
Petra, voted as one of the 'New Seven Wonders of the World' is the great Ancient City located in the south of Jordan. It is one of the world's most famous and treasured UNESCO World Heritage Sites. To get to it, your cruise will stop at Aqaba, Jordan's only sea port. Located in the Gulf of Akaba, Aqaba is also very popular with divers for its beautiful coral reefs. The town's relaxed atmosphere and comfortable climate make it perfect for the Jordanians to get away to.Highlights of Petra (Aqaba)
- Watch the world's largest population of white-eyed gulls at the Aqaba Bird Observatory
- Let your imagination run wild at Ayla the site of the Aqaba ancient port
- Engage with friendly Jordanians on the public beach. Be sure to stay fully-clothed though
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is one of the most exciting cities in the world. Nothing stands still here, the city is constantly evolving and growing, however, the past is also very well preserved. Abu Dhabi provides its guests with plentiful opportunities to learn the history of the UAE through museums, exhibitions, tours and food. The atmosphere is soaked with Emirati culture and traditions - the dhow harbour, the markets and the shisha cafes will engage you in the Gulf life.Highlights of Abu Dhabi
- Wander the streets of the Abu Dhabi Heritage Village to find out about the life pre-oil
- Take a free 45-minute tour of the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Visit the perfectly designed Umm Al Emarat Park
Salalah is the capital of the Dhofar region in Oman. This subtropical city lays on the coast of the Arabian Sea and is famous for its coconut-fringed beaches. Khareef - the rainy season, starts mid-June and brings monsoon clouds that constantly drizzle until mid-August, transforming the city into an oasis of misty pastures. Visitors find it hard to believe that they are in the heart of the Arabian desert. Salalah is a good starting point for numerous excursions.Highlights of Salalah
- Take a half day tour around Salalah to see the best the city has to offer
- Wander around Haffah Souk and pick up a frankincense box
- Visit the Prehistoric ruins east of Salalah
Sir Bani Yas is a natural island located 100 km southwest of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Thanks to decades of intensive conservation work and ecological investment, it is now home to thousands of large free-roaming animals, several million trees and plants, a bird sanctuary as well as a wildlife reserve. Sir Bani Yas showcases nature through activities such as adventure safaris, kayaking, mountain biking, archery, hiking and snorkeling.Highlights of Sir Bani Yas Island
- Enjoy a culture and history tour to the archaeological excavations in the east of the island
- Ride a real Arab horse at the Sir Bani Yas stables
- Relax at the island Anantara Spa after a full day of activities
- Very Poor