Be it the Americas to Europe or Europe to the Americas, it will be the journey of a lifetime full of majestic landscapes and relaxing days at sea.
There is still something exciting and romantic about a transatlantic cruise between Europe and the Americas. It is a route that has been traveled millions over the centuries adding to the wonder of a transatlantic cruise. Sail from Southampton to New York for the classic Transatlantic experience or take an entirely different route and enjoy more destinations with a re-positioning cruise across the Atlantic.
Despite the popularity of commercial flight, thousands of people still make the journey every year. A transatlantic cruise is the perfect opportunity to travel from one continent to another while enjoying plenty of time to relax. They are also some of the best value cruises, allowing you to experience everything that your cruise ship has to offer on a grand journey where you can take your time and discover the very best of cruising. Enjoy shows, fine dining and time to socialise with friends or just sit back and relax while you cruise in comfort, a transatlantic cruise gives you the chance to do it all.
Enjoy the 4 night stay in a hotel in London, and truly experience every iconic landmark and fun activity this city has to offer.
- London - Sydney
- Canada and the USA East Coast,Pacific,Northern Europe,Caribbean,Western Europe,New Zealand,British Isles,Panama Canal,Hawaii,Central America,North America,USA West Coast,Australia,South Pacific
Enjoy spectacular views as most cabins on this ship have private balconies.
- Copenhagen - New York
- Southern Europe,Norwegian Fjords,Canada and the USA East Coast,Baltic Sea,Northern Europe,Western Europe,British Isles,North America,Transatlantic
Make sure you check out the zip line in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, the views are fantastic.
- Southampton - Bridgetown
- Southern Europe,Northern Europe,Caribbean,Western Europe,British Isles,Central America,Transatlantic
- October 2019 - November 2021
Civitavecchia is located in the province of Rome and is a gateway to the city. Rome is Italy's largest city, and is bursting with Italian history and culture. The Old Town, St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican City are on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1980. In the 'Eternal City' there is so much to discover, such as many theater performances to enjoy and museums with fascinating exhibits. A highlight of Rome is the food available, with the huge number of bars, restaurants and cafes sure to satisfy.Highlights of Civitavecchia
- Visit the historic Colosseum, Pantheon and Roman Forum
- Enjoy typical Roman cuisine in an Italian cafe or restaurant
- See the many beautiful squares and fountains in the city
Southampton is a historical port city located in Hampshire county, southern England. A popular city in its own right, with attractions including the Tudor House, the stunning gardens of Mottisfont Abbey, and more, most of its appeal is held in its status as your gateway to the metropolis of London. Most cruise lines visiting Southampton will start or end their cruise here, or will offer excursions to explore nearby London. There you can enjoy everything from history to culture, cuisine and everything in between. The Tower of London, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and a whole lot more await.Highlights of Southampton and London
- Visit the innovative and engaging SeaCity Museum in Southampton
- Enjoy a magical day in Warner Brothers Studios in London, hugely popular with Harry Potter fans!
- Frequent London's Madame Tussauds to come face-to-face with the worlds most influencial figures..
Miami, situated on the Atlantic coast in Southeast Florida, is the world's busiest cruise port. An array of world-famous beaches such as South Beach, which is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, continue to put the city on the map for cruise vacationers. Miami is home to many beautiful and lush national parks and botanical gardens, such as Biscayne National Park and the divine Pinecrest Gardens.Highlights of Miami
- Soak up the sun on one of Miami's world-class beaches
- Take some time off and explore Coconut Grove, once known as an oasis for free-thinkers
- Enjoy the restaurants and bars that Little Havana and Calle Ocho have to offer
The city of Fort Lauderdale in the U.S. state of Florida and makes an ideal holiday destination. Due to the many canals in the city, Fort Lauderdale is also known as the American Venice. In the 1970's, the area was very popular with students celebrating Spring Break but these were replaced by cruise vacationers in recent years. Fort Lauderdale offers beautiful beaches, museums, the world's biggest everyday flea market and also the world's largest drive-in cinema, which has 13 screens.Highlights of Fort Lauderdale
- Take a walk along the city's New River and view the Riverwalk A&E
- Enjoy a host of outdoor activities such as an alligator tour
- Relax and enjoy one of Fort Lauderdale incredible sandy beaches
Portugal's capital is one of Europe's oldest cities, and offers tourists a diverse and interesting cultural activities. The Torre de Belém and the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos were recorded as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983. Lisbon has many interesting buildings, parks and museums and also hosts the annual jazz festival 'Jazz em Agosto'. Saint George castle comes highly recommended, as it offers a spectacular view of the city. In addition, you must try the Portuguese cuisine. Try one of the city's famous dishes, the cod is a particularly loved dish.Highlights of Lisbon
- Experience a night like never before with the nightlife of Barrio Alto
- View the city in a different perspective from Miradouro da Senhora do Monte
- Explore the ancient district of Alfama experiencing its beauty and history
Bridgetown is the island's largest city and is a vibrant and historic cultural gem. The city was founded by the British, meaning there is a terrific mix of old and new on the island with historic British colonial buildings alongside modern structures such as shopping centres and financial institutions. Always a lively city, there is a large amount of shopping, dining and cultural experiences to discover. Street vendors provide colour and character to the streets and the local bars and restaurants are the perfect way to immerse yourself in the Caribbean culture.Highlights of Bridgetown
- Enjoy the picturesque shores on pleasure craft, which dock right in the heart of the city
- Uncover the history of the city in the Barbados Museum, National Heroes Square and more
- Visit upmarket boutiques in Broad Street and duty-free shopping at cruise ship terminals
New York is one of the most renowned and iconic cities in the world with famous sights and landmarks at every turn you take. Visitors are guaranteed to be amazed by the world-acclaimed Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building landmarks. The beautiful and serene Central Park is a must see for all visitors. Shopping enthusiasts will be mesmerized by the various premium outlets that Fifth Avenue and the Rockefeller Center have to offer. New York is packed with famous buildings and locations such as Times Square, Wall Street and Brooklyn Bridge which is sure to captivate the masses of visitors.Highlights of New York
- Be amazed by the iconic Empire State Building which is 381 meters tall
- Experience the pinnacle of theater by visiting Broadway
- Visit the Guggenheim museum which is home to the work of famous artists such as Picasso
Funchal is the capital of the island of Madeira, the Pearl of the Atlantic, known for its many exotic flowers. The origin of the name comes from the discovery by the Portuguese. When they arrived there, the islanders grew a lot of fennel. The city can look back on a nearly 600-year history. Explore the Levada, artificial watercourses, which pump rain water from the north and the center of Madeira to the farms in the south.Highlights of Madeira:
- Take a cable car ride to the Botanical Gardens
- Climb the Pico de Arieiro and enjoy great views form the restaurant on top
- Sample the exotic fruits, unique to Madeira, such as their small bananas and custard apples
Málaga, with approximately 569,000 inhabitants, is the sixth largest city in Spain. Due to the favorable climate of Malaga, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Iberian Peninsula. Several museums and buildings characterize the city. From the Alcazaba, a Moorish fortress from the 11th There century to the Catedral de la Encanacíon to the birthplace of painter Pablo Picasso, Málaga has much to discover and admire.Highlights of Málaga
- Be sure to visit 'Alcazaba' castle
- Explore the beauty of 'Catedral de Malaga'
- Enjoy on evening at one of Malagas beaches
Rio de Janeiro is famous for many things. The statue ‘Christ the Redeemer’ on the Sugar Loaf is instantly recognisable and has become a symbol of the city and of Brazil more widely. Rio de Janeiro is also surrounded by beautiful beaches, such as the Copacabana and Joatinga. Carnival is the cultural main event on Brazil’s calendar and the most colourful and lively one is found in Rio de Janeiro.Highlights of Rio de Janeiro
- Christ the Redeemer
- Copacabana beach
- Pão de Açúcar
Halifax, Nova Scotia is located in Canada and offers a wide range of leisure and excursions. The port city is home to numerous museums, galleries, shops and historic buildings. From here you will be able to take a trip to the fishing village of Peggy's Cove or alternatively, kayak along the coast. With a bit of luck you may even be able to spot some whales, seals and dolphins!Highlights of Halifax:
- Known for great strength in culture and nightlife.
- Hosts many festivals throughout the year, such as music, film and tattoo festivals.
- The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia houses over 9,000 pieces of art
Cadiz is situated on a peninsula in the south of Spain. Do not miss the cathedral from the 18th Century. From the towers you have a great view of the city. In addition, you should visit the old bath house, the Plaza de Mina, the Church of the Holy Cross, with foundations dating from the 13th Century and the Holy cave paintings visit. In many bars and cafes you can taste typical Spanish dishes and watch the hustle and bustle on the streets.Highlights of Cádiz
- Plaza de San Juan de Dios and the Old Town Hall
- Plaza de San Francisco and San Francisco Church
- Gran Teatro Falla
Ponta Delgada is the capital city of the Azores Archipelago and is home to the Sao Miguel Island's main port. Sao Miguel Island is in its turn the largest island in the Portuguese archipelago and has the highest population. The island has been nicknamed 'the Green Island' for its spectacularly breathtaking landscapes. Explore the city with its beautiful old churches, a 16th century fort and a fascinating museum of the Azores' natural history and then embark on an expedition to explore the rest of the stunning island.Highlights of Ponta Delgada
- Visit one of the most spiritually important churches in the whole of Portugal - Convento de Nossa Senhora da Esperanca
- Spot whales and dolphins from a boat departing from the local port
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the Lagoa das Sete Cidades 15km from the city
Rediscover the romance of a classic transatlantic cruise. While most cruises serve largely as a mode of transport to sail from one port to the next, a transatlantic cruise offers you the chance to relax and unwind with anything between 6-8 days at sea at a time.
Journey Back In Time
Transatlantic Crossings are historically synonymous with exploration and emigration. However, today a transatlantic cruise is something of a luxury sailing with long days at sea. Voyages across the Atlantic often conjure up images of uncertainty and nostalgia, with the first Transatlantic Crossing taking place prior to the 19th Century. Examples of some famous transatlantic liners engrained in maritime history include the RMS Lusitania, RMS Mauretania, RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 and RMS Queen Mary 2.
Wide Range of Destinations
Today transatlantic cruises incorporate the classical sail ideals of elegant cruising and sophistication, along with top-class amenities and entertainment for days at sea. A transatlantic cruise makes innovative travel possible by combining journeys to/from the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Americas so you can expand your exploration. This unforgettable experience enables you to discover a wide range of fantastic destinations, with cities such as Amsterdam, Barcelona, Civitavecchia(Rome), Copenhagen, Fort Lauderdale (Florida), New York and more.
- Very Poor