Seabourn has announced the name of its new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship ‘Seabourn Venture’!
Click here to see our full range of ultra-luxury Seabourn Cruises.
Paying tribute to the remote destinations visited by their highly successful expedition and Ventures by Seabourn™ excursion programmes the new ship is sure to impress luxury and expedition cruise veterans alike.
Seabourn began offering expedition experiences during its first sailing to Antarctica in 2013 led by a highly qualified, world-class Expedition Team and those itineraries have been offered every season since. The success of the Antarctica programme opened the door for similar optional experiences under the name Ventures by Seabourn featuring Zodiacs, kayaks, and guided hikes offered on Seabourn ships in a number of desirable destinations around the world, including Alaska, Australia & New Zealand, South America, and Northern European destinations such as Norway and Greenland.
As the name suggests, ‘Seabourn Venture’ is an exciting step in Seabourn’s process of launching even more immersive voyages all designed for the expedition traveller who dares to go beyond the norm.
For those keen to get up-close and personal with nature and a desire to get the adrenaline pumping all while cruising in unparalleled luxury; you’ll be thrilled to hear that the new ship is scheduled to launch in June 2021. Excitingly, It doesn’t end there! Seabourn have also announced that a second yet-to-be-named sister ship is slated to launch May 2022.
Using ground-breaking technology both ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include a plethora of modern hardware that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities.
The new ships, which are being built by T. Mariotti, will be a brand new innovative design, created specifically for the ultra-luxury expedition traveller, and will include many features that have made Seabourn ships so successful. A new and exciting offering will be two custom-built submarines carried onboard, providing an unforgettable view of the world beneath the ocean’s surface.
The ships will also be designed to carry a complement of kayaks and 24 Zodiacs that can accommodate all onboard guests at once, which will allow for a truly immersive experience. Each ship will feature 132 luxurious ocean-front veranda suites. More details and full-color renderings of the ship and its interior spaces will be released in the months ahead.
Both vessels will feature an onboard crew that will include outstanding and well-travelled Expedition Teams comprised of highly regarded wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists. During each sailing, team members regularly interact with guests, providing keen insight to deliver a rich holistic travel experience.
Our cruise experts have lined up some of the top benefits of cruising with Seabourn – CLICK HERE to check out Seabourn’s range of itineraries.
The Seabourn Expedition difference:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalised service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with guest preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend the guest experience in select destinations
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living programme
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveller to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Two custom-built 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend their expedition further for greater ocean exploration
- Enhanced expedition experiences with Zodiacs, mountain and ebikes, scuba diving, snorkeling and optional kayaks
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating the journey
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveller with unique attributes and spaces to enhance their experience
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability