Caribbean Cruises 2017
Paradise, white sand beaches, turquoise waters, forests, music, people, food, rum, bliss, rainbows...These are just a few reasons to cruise to the Caribbean.
The lively and intoxicating Caribbean, with its shimmering, turquoise waters, vivid landscapes and colonial history, is a tropical paradise and hence, the ultimate tropical playground for tourists. The gems of the Caribbean are perhaps best explored on a cruise that will introduce you to a kaleidoscope of colour and unforgettable experiences. The inspiring Azure seas, white beaches, vividly green forests and infectious Caribbean colour scheme must be seen to be believed. Taste the colourful and mouth-watering Caribbean food which brightens up the local markets.
Choose from an extensive range of islands, beaches, cultures and flavours and hop from one island to another to satisfy the desires of your inner outdoor adventure enthusiast. The stunning scattered islands of the Bahamas are the ideal location for travellers with an apetite for beautiful scenery, pink-sand beaches, mesmerising blue waters and unforgettable experiences. The possibilities are infinite.
Make sure to check out all the awesome events and activities on board the Norwegian Escape. The possibilities are endless!
- Miami - Miami
Azamara is great for discovering the culture and local life of the ports with their inclusive Destination Immersion®. Be sure to ask us whats included when you book!
- Miami - Miami
Book a Celebrity Suite for extra benefits like a full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service and exclusive use of Michaels Club lounge.
- Miami - Miami
- May 2017 - November 2017
Bridgetown is the island's largest city and is a vibrant and historic cultural gem. The city was founded by the British, meaning there is a terrific mix of old and new on the island with historic British colonial buildings alongside modern structures such as shopping centres and financial institutions. Always a lively city, there is a large amount of shopping, dining and cultural experiences to discover. Street vendors provide colour and character to the streets and the local bars and restaurants are the perfect way to immerse yourself in the Caribbean culture.Highlights of Bridgetown
- Enjoy the picturesque shores on pleasure craft, which dock right in the heart of the city
- Uncover the history of the city in the Barbados Museum, National Heroes Square and more
- Visit upmarket boutiques in Broad Street and duty-free shopping at cruise ship terminals
Philipsburg is the capital of the overseas Dutch colony of St. Maarten. Boasting beautiful views of the Great Bay and the Great Salt Pond, it is an ideal location for a Caribbean holiday. On St. Maarten, there is adventure to be found throughout the beautiful island with snorkeling, swimming and horseback riding available. Philipsburg is also a hotspot for bargain hunters, with a mile-long commercial district with a range of duty-free shops. The white sandy beaches of Philipsburg are the perfect location to enjoy some relaxation.Highlights of Philipsburg
- Savor the exquisite local cuisine in a range of fine dining locations
- Sail on a catamaran to a hidden cove
- Explore the hills of Philipsburg on a zip line or by horse back
- Relax on the Great Bay beach and its boardwalk
San Juan is the largest city in Puerto Rico and also the capital. While once San Juan was an impenetrable fortified city, it is now a bustling and vibrant location attracting tourists and visitors from all over the world. With two distinct destinations you are sure to find the perfect Caribbean experience. Old San Juan is charming and will capture your heart with its colourful buildings and colonial charm while New San Juan is the metropolis of the Caribbean, offering all the amenities and attractions of a modern city.Highlights of San Juan
- Enjoy the stunning natural surrounding at the beaches, parks and gardens
- Uncover the charming plazas, restaurants, shopping and more in Old San Juan
- Discover the amazing colonial history of the San Juan Historical Site
The old town of Oranjestad will impress all visitors with its many colorful and ornate buildings, giving the Island a distinctly Caribbean feel, while also hinting at the Dutch influence through colonial architecture. Oranjestad's streets are lined with luxury retailers, diverse boutiques and jewelry stores. A scenic park lines the coastline of Ornajestad meaning you can enjoy the beautiful scenery. With a typical Caribbean feel, Oranjestad is a nightlife hotspot filled with restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars and casinos.Highlights of Oranjestad
- Enjoy a bustling nightlife sure to provide a night to remember
- Learn the history at The Historical Museum and Fort Willem III tower
- Enjoy various activities like golf, watersports or even a trip to a butterfly farm
St. John's is the capital of the island nation Antigua and Barbuda in the Caribbean. Sights worth seeing include the St. John's Harbor, the St. John's Cathedral and the colonial court House.Saint. John's is among the most developed communitys in the Lesser Antilles, with a population of 22,193, St.John is the chief port of the island Antigua. The city became famous for numerous shopping centres and a variety of boutiques throughout the city.Highlights of St. John's
- Visit the farmers markets in the capital city of Antigua
- Enjoy the eye catching architecture and the ruins of sugar plantations
- Explore the astonishing St. John's Cathedral
- Visit the Museum of Antigua and Barbuda to experience the island's historical culture
Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, is the largest city of the island nation. Nassau is the grounds of the House of Assembly and numerous judicial departments and is considered historically a bastion area of pirates. The charming city boasts a colonial charm with its pink painted government buildings and other pastel-colored houses. Places of interest include the pirate museum, several forts and markets.Highlights of Nassau
- Take time to relax on spectacular beaches
- Enjoy an evening snorkelling on stretches of vivid coral reefs
- Visit during Junkanoo Festival andexperience astounding costumed dancers as well as a breathtaking parade
- Shop, dine, sight-see and more along Bay Street