Rapallo is a popular seaside resort on the Italian Riviera di Levante. It is located in Rapallo Bay or the Tigullio Gulf, 33km's from Genoa and between Portofino and Chiavari. Tourists are attracted to Rapallo by its wonderful climate and protection from the cold winter winds given by its hills.Rapallo's sea promenade Vittorio Veneto, has rich hotels, many bars and offers a wide range of seaside equipment, sports, and free-time activities. Of note are Rapallo's famous July fireworks.
Things to See & Do
* Castello sul Mare (Castle of the Sea)
* Sanctuary of Nostra Signora di Montallegro ("Our Lady of Montallegro", 1558-1640).
* The Porta delle Saline, the only gate remained of the ancient walls
* Vittorio Veneto - sea promenade
* Villa Porticciolo and Villa Casale
Cruise Season - Feb to Dec
Currency - Euro ()
Language - Italian
Land Area - 33.7 km²
Population - 31,000 approx
Electricity - 2 round pins European style
Time - GMT/UTC + one hour
International Country Telephone Code - +39
Port Location - The port is located at the west end of Rapallo's promenade.
Travel Links - Rapallo's closest airport is located at Genoa. There are also rail connections to and from Rapallo from Genoa and Livorno.